Family and Community Engagement
Dear Santa Maria-Bonita Families,
Welcome to our new Parent Online Resource Center. As the Family Engagement and Pupil Support Specialist for the district, former teacher and a long-time member of the community, I am thrilled about the possibilities this website offers to the families of SMBSD. I am particularly excited to work with our website team this year on our new online resource center. This resource center has been created for our families to provide an additional means of support and communication. We look forward to communicating with you through posting of resources, announcements, and videos.
We, at the Santa Maria-Bonita School District value the participation of parents and all family members in the education of their children and actively seek to build a positive and respectful stakeholder culture. We are committed to providing meaningful parent and community engagement activities and the structures that promote clear and respectful communication between schools, families, and the school district.
SMBSD Family Engagement plans focus on:
- Building the capacity of parents to support their children’s academic efforts
- Promoting parent leadership within the school and stakeholder community
- Monitoring progress toward preparing students for success
- Ensuring access and equity to students and their families
I look forward to communicating with you and working together as we prepare our students to be successful citizens.
Tammie Castillo-Shiffer, EdD
Family Engagement and Pupil Support Specialist
Santa Maria-Bonita School District
- Request for Interpreters
- Social-Emotional Learning Resources
- Supporting Social-Emotional Learning In Santa Maria-Bonita School District
- Parent and Family Engagement Policy
Request for Interpreters
Social-Emotional Learning Resources
Supporting Social-Emotional Learning In Santa Maria-Bonita School District
Parent and Family Engagement Policy
Family and Community Engagement Calendar
Tammie Castillo-Shiffer Ed.D.